Roasted Beetroot Dip
- 2 Tablespoons of Super Sprout Beetroot Powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 wholemeal pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pistachio dukkah
- 100g marinated feta, crumbled (skip this for Vegan)
- Mint leaves, to serve
Place the cumin in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Transfer to a food processor with the beetroot powder, chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic and tahini. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the pita breads on a baking tray. Brush with oil and sprinkle with the dukkah. Bake for 5 mins or until crisp. Set aside to cool. Coarsely break into pieces.
Spoon the beetroot dip into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the feta (skip for Vegan) and mint leaves. Serve with the pita chips.